Monday, May 28, 2007

mugged by an Indian?

nah! I don't see that happening in USA.

Last weekend I was in Cornell. Saw the university, spoke to a few alums and helped Akshia pack his stuff..boy there was lot of stuff! We put some of it in a storage area, some in my car and some in his! We took a short trip to Corning too...met Tini & Rajesh. Had a nice time at their house...gappe maare and ate good food ;-)

Lol! Am sure Akshia wished he had a better vacation home ;-) We spend some quality time together, but God I wish I were in FL/NY/IL, i.e. a quality place!

This weekend I finally got to play a 9-hole golf course. Phew it was dehydrating! 3.5 hours in the sun hitting wayward balls! I did okay. I think the par was 40 and I did it in about 70. Not too bad I say :-p
Then we left for NY. Akshia has moved in with another guy for the time of his intership with Keybanc Capital. Driving to NY has alway been tiring. Perhaps it always will be...This time we did a little river side walk in NJ that made the drive worth it.

Went to this place called Indian street in Jersey City. Whoa! It was just like India. Any American would have been a foreigner there...a whole street for Indian stores from Patel Groceries to Hot Dosas to Indian Chinese...the whole 9 yards!
With so many desis around me, it got me thinking...would an American be as afraid to be in an Indian neighborhood, as they could be in a black neighborhood? I would not expect any desi to mug a stranger here...99.99% of the times.

No comments: