Sunday, July 17, 2005

management at home?

its cool. its confusing. its basically new to me.
am in the stage of my career when i am being given opportunities to do something more at work. to take a higher role, handle more responsibility. ya, they've been promising that for like months now...and now it seems its finally arrived. am getting inn the groove. spending time on emails and on telephone telling people what to do. asking them to do things my way so i have control over fulfillment of my responsibility. afterall the one that is delegated only needs to accept the job and not decide how to do it...atleast not at all levels!
today i realised that i am carrying some of them *managerial* traits to home! twice in the day i asked my roomie, who is incidently my junior in the project, to do some stuff for me at home. the thrid time i did that i quickly realised that he was only doing me a favour...while i was still living the mode of delegation! bad! i gotta learn to keep things separate. at office i gotta do my job and 'give' work as necessary. at home and everywhere else, i am on my own. nobody is doing nothing for me :~)

No comments: